A Factory reset is nothing but resuming the Android device back to its original settings when it was originally bought. If you apply factory setting to an Android phone, whatever data is stored in its built-in memory as well as its external memory will be erased completely. It is same as formatting a computer hard-drive. In some scenarios such as software bugs, phone hanging, freezing etc, it is unavoidable to apply factory settings.
There can be many reasons why factory setting gets applied in your Android phone.
- Sometimes, you might accidentally press Reset to Factory settings and lose all your data.
- Virus attack or Malware which can corrupt the entire data
- You might unintentionally format the drive when you are performing some operation by connecting your mobile to your computer
- When you are using the same SD card in more than one device, or when you are removing the SD card when some of its files are still being accessed, it might lead to data loss.
Luckily, there is a solution to your problem. There is powerful software that can perform a recovery operation in your Android device and get all your data back without any data loss or loss of quality.
How to recover data from Android after Factory Reset?
Android Data Recovery is the software that can perform the recovery process for you smoothly. This software is considered to be one of the best in the industry to rescue lost, damaged, deleted data from your Android Smartphones that got reset to factory settings.
The features include:
- The software can restore all types of media files and non-media files including photos, videos, audios, text messages and APK files
- It can recover data not only from the internal memory but also from the external memory in a Windows computer
- Has an User-friendly interface
- Can be used in various platforms such as Jelly bean, Icecream sandwich, Gingerbread and Froyo.
The following are the steps to be followed to perform the recovery of data after factory reset from Android mobile phone:
Step 1: Install the software by downloading the executable file and running it in your computer. Once the installation is complete, open the application by connecting your Android device to your computer using USB cable
Step 2: Choose the option to enable USB debugging. To perform this operation, different steps needs to be followed for different devices
- For Android 2.3 or earlier versions, open “Settings”, choose “Applications”, then click on “Development” and choose “USB Debugging”
- For versions Android 3.0 or 4.1, open “Settings”, choose “About phone”, then choose “Build number” multiple times till you receive the message “You are under Development mode”. Now, go back to “Settings”, choose “Developer options” and select “USB Debugging”. This step will help you to connect your device to computer.
Step 3: Choose “Next” option to start the Scanning of your Android phone. Now, in you Android phone, click the option “Allow” to give permission for the software to perform the recovery. Simultaneously, press “Start” to complete the operation
Select the type of file that needs to be recovered
Select the scan type
Step 4: The scanning will take some minutes. Once it is over, it will display the list of recovered data like images, text, contacts, videos, audio files, other documents and files. You can have a look and choose the files to be recovered. Then press “Recover” to store them on your computer.
This easy-to-use software helps you to recover your lost data from a Factory set mobile. It is really easy and you can get everything done just by following the onscreen instruction. I hope this article helps you to recover data after factory reset from Android mobile. Try it and if you have any query then do let me know by commenting.